WEBWARE HELPS BUSINESSES DO BUSINESS EASIER
Webware.io is a complete digital toolkit designed to help small businesses easily navigate the online world. Webware’s technology and services are used by IBM, Kernels Popcorn, Staples Canada, and over 10,000 businesses across 400 cities in North America. With Webware.io, a business has access to the technology and support required to get online and become successful. The toolkit includes a website and e-commerce platform, social media management, email marketing, blogging, search engine optimization (SEO), reputation management, and more.
We have offices in Goa, India and Toronto, Canada, with our sales efforts based in Toronto and our services team in Goa. Our clients demand top quality websites, and we have a world-class team of designers and developers in Goa to meet that demand. Join us!
JOB TITLE: SOFTWARE ENGINEER
REPORTING TO: DIRECTOR OF ENGINEERING
LOCATION: WORK FROM HOME - INDIA
WORK HOURS: 9:00 AM – 6:00 PM
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This role is going to enable the solutions team to successfully complete projects critical to the near future of the organization.
- Enhance the capabilities of the solutions team to formulate and implement solutions to the technical problems faced by various teams in the organization.
- Must be able to contribute to the Mobile apps, data lake and the salesforce implementation projects.
- Must exhibit flexibility to handle a wide range of technologies at a short notice.
- Design, develop or modify software systems to create product that better meet the needs of the company
- Create testing procedures and carry them out to validate programming, documentation and procedures
- Troubleshoot and maintain core databases and software to ensure optimal functionality
- Recommend improvements to existing software programs as necessary
- Explore emerging technologies
- Must love playing the solutions man.
- Hands-on programming experience.
- A curious mind and driven personality.
QUALITIES WE LOOK FOR:
- Bachelor’s(or equivalent) Degree in Computer Science, Software engineering or related discipline
- 2-4 years of hands-on experience developing applications in ColdFusion/PHP
- Strong knowledge of computer programming, data structures and object oriented programming concepts.
- Strong knowledge of PHP frameworks like Laravel/Codeigniter
- Experience with SQL Server database administration, SQL queries and stored procedures
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Perforce/GIT
- Demonstrated understanding of projects from the perspective of both client and business
- Any experience in ColdFusion upgrade is useful
- Exposure to CFCs, Custom tags, and Frameworks
- 2-4 years’ work experience as a Software Engineer
- Competitive Remuneration
- Company Provided Group Health Insurance
- Opportunities to Learn and Grow