At Webware we believe educating our clients with the knowledge to help you reach your goals is paramount!
On October 21st we began our first blog post helping you to understand the social media platform: TikTok! Today, we continue this series with step-by-step instructions on how to set up a TikTok account for your business. As well, we will provide you with some tips and tricks for creating engaging content to help you digitally market your business.
How to Set Up A TikTok Account For Business
- Download the TikTok app. For Android users go to Google Play Stores. For iPhone users go to APP Create your own profile using an email or phone number linked to your business. If it’s easier, you can use your Facebook account (if you have one) and use the same Login information.
- TikTok will then ask you to enter a birthday. Feel free to use your personal one or your business start date. Then create a password; this will be important to write down as you need it to log into your account.
- Create a username for yourself; this will be your business name. Once you choose your username, you’ll be taken to your home page where you can edit your profile.
*** TikTok also has a separate platform called TikTok for Business. This platform allows you to launch a targeted ad campaign for an additional cost. If you are new to TikTok, start with a free account and once you build your following you can always switch your account to the business platform.
Editing your profile
- Click ‘edit profile’ to access a page that contains your profile information and picture. Here, you can change your name, username, add a bio (biography) that describes your small business, and you can link your Instagram account or YouTube account if you have one linked to your business. This page is the person icon to the far right on the bottom of your screen.
Navigating the app
- Click on the ‘plus’ icon in bottom centre of your screen to upload content or create a new video
- The ‘discover’ magnifying glass icon to the left is where you can search other users, challenges, and trending sounds to use in the search bar. Here, there are suggested categories of content curated based on the content you like.
- The ‘home’ button is where you can access the ‘For You Page” (#fyp) where you can watch content and the ‘Following Page’ where you can access content made by the people you follow.
- To the right of the ‘plus’ icon, there is an ‘Inbox’ where you can message and receive messages from other users as well as track your likes, comments, and mentions.
Specific tips and tricks for keeping content engaging
Consumers like to see the product or service in action… showcase people utilizing your brand casually in everyday lives. It lets your clients get to know you, your brand, and what it stands for. Create posts that feature behind the scenes or candid content to help people interact with your brand. Showing people the realities of business can help to create stronger connections between the viewer and the business.
● Showcase your services on the livestream feature or create a Q&A that’s interactive with consumers and followers
● Create landing pages or a lead capture page where you can offer resources and information for the consumers contact information. This can produce leads and help to build business connections or clientele.
● Create an unboxing or step by step video to show off and promote your brand, while tagging the link to your website
● Start your own Tik Tok campaign encouraging creators or influencers to post videos on their accounts using your services
● Make a #HashtagChallenge in order to expand your following
Stay tuned for next week’s blog going into greater depth about TikTok’s “For You Page”. That blog will help you utilize TikTok’s algorithm to your advantage to increase your exposure and audience. We will provide you with some additional tips discussing how to use viewers’ interactions, video information, keywords, completion, captions and sounds to further the likelihood of your video gaining traction.
If you have any questions, or need more guidance, feel free to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org