JOB TITLE: ANDROID DEVELOPER
WORK TIMINGS: 09:00 AM TO 06:00 PM (IST)
We are looking for an Android developer responsible for the development and maintenance of applications aimed at a vast number of diverse Android devices. Your primary focus will be the development of Android applications and their integration with back-end services. You will work alongside other engineers and developers on different layers of the infrastructure. Therefore, commitment to collaborative problem-solving, sophisticated design, and creating quality products is essential.
- Design and build advanced applications for the Android platform
- Translate designs and wireframes into high-quality code
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability
- Ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
- Recommending changes and enhancements
- Staying up to date with new mobile technology trends, applications, and protocols
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or software engineering.
- 2-4 years of Proven experience as an Android developer.
- Strong knowledge of Android SDK, different versions of Android, and how to deal with different screen sizes
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to back-end services
- Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
- Ability to design applications around natural user interfaces, such as touch
- Knowledge of the open-source Android ecosystem and the libraries available for common tasks
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications
- A knack for benchmarking and optimization
- Understanding of Google’s Android design principles and interface guidelines
- Proficient in code versioning tools such as Perforce, Mercurial, Git, and SVN.