JOB TITLE: DIRECTOR, DATA SCIENCE
REPORTING TO: CHIEF PRODUCT OFFICER
We are looking for an experienced Data Scientist who will support our product, sales, leadership teams and oversee all aspects of collecting and analyzing Webware's client data so that we are maximizing the use of data to drive our customer experience and product strategies. The ideal candidate has experience leading data efforts at a growth company and has experience establishing a variety of data collection and analysis methods. They must have a proven ability to drive business results with their data-based insights and must be comfortable working with a wide range of customer data including 1st-party platform data and data from customer surveys. They must be comfortable working with a wide range of stakeholders and functional teams.
- Lead all centralized data efforts, championing a data-first culture.
- Work with stakeholders throughout the organization to identify opportunities for leveraging company data to drive business solutions.
- Mine and analyze data from company databases to drive optimization and improvement of product development, customer experience, and business strategies.
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of data sources and data gathering techniques.
- Use predictive modeling to increase and optimize customer experiences, revenue generation, and other business outcomes.
- Develop company A/B testing framework and test model quality.
- Develop customer feedback programs such as surveys and usability tests.
- Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy.
- Establish best practices for collecting and analyzing customer data.
- Analyze client data to better understand our clients. Create various customer segments and other business insights so that we can use data to create a robust product roadmap.
- Work with the engineering team to support a stable data infrastructure ensuring all outcomes related to reporting, modeling, visualization, and data integrity are being met.
- Determine best reporting/visualization tool(s)l, implement and manage for various required outcomes related to customer experience and product roadmaps.
- Help to promote a culture of innovation, growth, and accountability
- An inspirational communicator; can motivate, inspire, and galvanize teams
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to manage, mentor, and motivate a team; display high emotional intelligence
- The driver of culture and purpose/ change leader who is adaptable and flexible
- Strategic thinking/ business knowledge: business/financial acumen- ability to see the big picture, the interconnectedness of decisions and activities across various teams
- Strong problem solving and creative skills
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analysis
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation
- Strong track record in thriving in a high energetic, fast-moving environment
- 5-7 years data science experience data science manipulating data sets and building statistical models and creating reports
- Experience using statistical computer languages (Python, SQL, etc.) to manipulate data and draw insights from data sets.
- Experience working with and creating data architectures.
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Career emphasis on customer experience and product development.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordinating across teams.
- A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques.
- Experience using web services and distributed data/computing tools: MySQL, Snowflake, Snowplow, Stitch, Redshift, etc
- Experience analyzing data from 3rd party providers such as Google Analytics
- Experience working with and recommending visualization tools: Tableau, MixPanel, Periscope, etc
- Experience working with virtual and international teams, managing diverse, multi-geography workforce across Canada, US, India
- Work experience in a SAAS or technology company preferred
- Competitive Remuneration
- Company Provided Group Health Benefits
- Opportunities to Learn and Grow