WEBWARE HELPS BUSINESSES DO BUSINESS EASIER
Webware.io is a complete digital toolkit designed to help small businesses easily navigate the online world. Webware’s technology and services are used by IBM, Kernels Popcorn, Staples Canada, and over 10,000 businesses across 400 cities in North America. With Webware.io, a business has access to the technology and support required to get online and become successful. The toolkit includes a website and e-commerce platform, social media management, email marketing, blogging, search engine optimization (SEO), reputation management, and more.
We have offices in Goa, India and Toronto, Canada, with our sales efforts based in Toronto and our services team in Goa. Our clients demand top quality websites, and we have a world-class team of designers and developers in Goa to meet that demand.
Listen to our CEO, Cory York to learn more about Webware: https://vimeo.com/412805300/7bd2ba7a4c
JOB TITLE: VP OF PRODUCT/ CHIEF PRODUCT OFFICER
REPORTING TO: CEO
LOCATION: WORK FROM HOME
WORK HOURS: 9:00 AM – 6:00 PM EST
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The CPO will report to our CEO, Cory York.
The CPO will be an essential partner on all strategic, product, and operational decisions as the company scales to achieve its aspirations. This key member of the executive team will be responsible for setting the product roadmap for the company in line with the goals and metrics outlined by the CEO. They will run Webware’s product & technology daily operations in support of those goals. The CPO will be the company champion and design visionary for all Webware’s products that delight users and offer world class experiences for our customers.
Direct reports include teams across Product Development, Project Management, Market Research, Technology & Engineering, Customer Success and Data Operations.
- Build a world class product development and management operations team and overall company product development workflow.
- Define and execute on a digital product roadmap that enables Webware’s platform to evolve and expand.
- Work with the key internal stakeholders to define, refine, and improve the product vision and value proposition.
- A focus on increasing user acquisition, retention and engagement via product experiences that delights audiences.
- Oversee the requirements for new product features and enhancements including UI/UX & design.
- Develop effective, informative feedback loops through the various departments within the organization.
- Drive agile, iterative, and user centric product development processes.
- Leverage data and innovate upon features and functionality.
- Implement tools to organize and optimize workflows.
- Oversee strategy and operations to scale the company's media platform, all related systems, technical architecture.
- Drive company performance through a relentless focus on KPI's.
- Manage teams of both on staff and remote engineers and product managers.
- Must have demonstrated experience and a proven capacity for driving change management, running day to day operations and managing product development cycles in fast growing sectors.
- Must have experience in bringing out the best in others around them.
- Must have the interest and enthusiasm for the online website building and digital marketing sectors to evolve and transform Webware to serve the global customers as the technology evolves.
- Must have 8-10 years of experience in managing teams and cultivating a strong sense of common purpose; demonstrating empathy while holding staff accountable to results.
- Must be comfortable and experienced managing multi projects to achieve core projects on time and on budgets while simultaneously creating exceptional experiences for users.
- Must have experience creating and managing annual multi- million dollar budgets and negotiating significant contracts.
- Team player/coach – Webware is a medium sized company that operates in both Canada and India. Must be flexible, entrepreneurial, and demonstrate a "can do' attitude with all colleagues throughout the Webware family.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with the ability to negotiate with peers and colleagues in a confident and compelling manner.
- Inspirational leader; can motivate, inspire and galvanize teams around a product vision.
- Start-up experience is strongly preferred; entrepreneurial spirit a must.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to manage, mentor and motivate a team.
- Emotional intelligence is critical to this role.
- Strong analytical and logical skills.
- Problem-solving and organizational skills.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Strong track record in thriving in a high energetic, fast moving environment.
- An extremely smart and dynamic individual
WHAT MAKES THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY:
- Represent a leading SaaS company with the most innovative technology in the industry.
- Ability to inspire and transform by enhancing our products with more innovation and automation to positively disrupt the industry and further enable our customers
- Use your well-rounded mix of technical expertise and strategic business mindset to identify opportunities for applying innovation while effectively prioritizing business impact
- Be a catalyst for fostering a culture centered around customer value through strong leadership
- Work with supportive leadership and with co-workers focused on helping you succeed
- Professional growth & learning opportunities
- 10+ years of product development and strategic business experience, preferably next generation/enhancing products
- Preferably work experience in a software or technology company, ideally from a SAAS + Service Product B2B background
- Competitive Remuneration
- Company Provided Group Health Insurance
- Opportunities to Learn and Grow