POSITION: DIRECTOR – TRAINING
Webware’s Purpose - Online Marketing that works for small business. The all-in-one platform for Website Development & Online Marketing Services.
Everything we do at Webware gravitates back to this clear purpose. Webware is a leading digital marketing software and services platform focused on the small to medium-sized service businesses. For over 4 years, Webware’s focus has been 'raising the bar' within the digital marketing industry by being focused on this customer-centric purpose.
The way a customer experiences our brand purpose has a profound impact on perception, purchase behavior and loyalty. That's why our work begins and ends with our understanding of our customers and speaking to them in a voice that resonates with them. We then translate this understanding into customer experiences that are simple, valuable, convenient and relevant.
We are currently recruiting for a Director of Training to play a key role in delivering best in class digital experiences.
As a Director of Training this will include delivering best in class training focused on consistent learning and development that drives growth and personal development in every business unit of the organization. The role provides an opportunity to be creative, inspiring and encouraging leaders to achieve the HIGHEST standard.
Your primary responsibilities include identifying training needs based on skills gap analysis, developing group and individual learning courses. To be successful in this role, you should have solid experience organizing training and designing the educational curriculum.
Ultimately, you will help us develop our employees’ skills in order to improve quality of work, productivity, performance, retention and personal growth.
- Ensure strategic alignment of the training department with business goals
- Use performance reviews, eNPS and skills gap analyses to identify training needs per department, team and individual
- Identify, assess and craft future and current training needs through job analysis, career planning and pathing, annual performance appraisals and collaborating with department Subject Matter Experts and management
- Oversee learning activities, curriculum, refresher training and resources
- Evaluate the results of learning courses
- Implement coaching/workshop sessions and mentorship programs to establish a culture of continuous learning
- Recommend new training methods -- including e-learning, on-site courses, webinars, conferences, special interest training, game-based platforms, knowledge testing and other creative platforms of delivery, content, layout and facilitation that work best for the Webware culture and audience.
- Contribute to the training of new staff in collaboration with business unit manager and Subject Matter Experts
- Evaluate feedback from training and determine priorities for raising the bar on training
- Participate in the design and development of training materials, modules, ensuring they are current and reflect best practices and delivering training solutions that meet business needs
- Organize and conduct train-the-trainer sessions to deliver and roll-out effective training programs
- Monitor and evaluate training program’s effectiveness and success and report on results
- Develop new courses, assist in writing training articles, newsletters and other training related material
- Develop and manage training budget and help in preparing Training calendar
- Assist with the maintenance of interoffice Playbooks and LMS platform
- Attend staff meetings, lectures and other duties as assigned
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Work experience as a Training Director, Training Manager or similar role
- In-depth understanding of traditional and modern training methods (including workshops, simulations, e-learning and coaching)
- Experience organizing training activities in a corporate and eclectic environment
- Hands-on experience with project management Proficiency in Learning Management Systems (LMS)
- Proficiency in Learning Management Systems (LMS)
- Proficient with computer & software - including Google Drive (Docs, Sheets, Slides, etc..)
- Able to work independently and honourably, maintaining required hours
- Effectively communicate with all staff, senior level leadership and other stakeholders
- Act with sensitivity and integrity to safeguard all highly sensitive and confidential information associated with this role.
- Participate/attend in staff meetings and corporate events (either in person or virtually)
- University degree in Education or minimum five years of professional experience in adult education
- Superior communications skills – oral and written
- Excellent leadership skills
- Certified Trainer preferred
- Knowledge of program delivery working with adults
- Superior interpersonal & networking skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Highly developed organizational skills
- Strong ability to time manage and meet deadlines
- Maturity and a high level of personal integrity and professionalism
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong analytical abilities and strategic thinking skills
- Results oriented and exhibits excellent judgment and deals well in ambiguous circumstances
- Able to work some flexible hours including evenings and weekends
- Creativity a must
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.