POSITION: TECHNICAL WRITER / PRODUCT COORDINATOR
Webware.io is a leading digital marketing company engineered to boost online presence. Our technology and services are used by IBM, Kernels Popcorn, Staples Canada, and over 10,000 businesses across 400 cities in North America. With Webware.io, a business has access to the technology and support required to get online and become successful.
Want to be part of this success?
We are currently recruiting for a skilled and experienced Technical Writer/Product Coordinator to play a key role in delivering best in class digital experiences.
• Love creativity, building relationships across the company, learning the latest and coolest language trends and translating these new found and complex ideas into clear and simplified concepts.
• Are a customer advocate to the core and your work and ideas that allow our customers to flourish, excite you.
• Love working in a team environment and with highly technical digital experts.
• Possess an advanced knowledge of technical writing expertise for a software company and can write to both highly technical and ordinary end users.
• Come with a basic understanding of simple programming concepts as you will be documenting the details of a scripting language.
• Have worked in a scrum or other agile workflow - a must.
• Have worked with web technologies and an ability to use technical tools such as wordpress, etc to publish online - a must.
• Possess superior interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to simplify complex concepts into easy to understand software interfaces
• Able to manage complex tasks and projects with competing deadlines concurrently
• Can gain internal respect and consensus from superiors and peers cross-functionally
• Able to drive towards a larger big picture vision while managing the details
• Adaptable and flexible to a changing environment
• Have 3-5 years of experience in a similar technical writing role for a company with a similar audience
• Knowledge of the Digital Marketing industry - a must
• Coordinate product roadmaps, backlog and execution plans based on business insights, stakeholder engagement and business objectives
• Identify and document product requirements and feature sets for emerging product enhancements
• Create, update the product documentation/tutorials and write any marketing copy required such as blog posts introducing new features, etc.
• Coordinate and communicate release schedules to all stakeholders across the company.
• Provide routine, consistent and clear communication on the status of product feature progress and performance
• Manage plans and effectively and clearly communicate with business leads, UX, design and development teams to ensure high quality, on time delivery of digital marketing product features.
FUTURE RESPONSIBILITIES AND AREAS OF GROWTH:
• Work collaboratively to implement measurement frameworks to gauge effectiveness of product enhancements
• Develop strong working relationships across business units to gain alignment
• Accountable for tracking performance and improving digital KPI’s based on prioritization of product features
• Collaborate cross-functionally in sprint planning, grooming and prioritization
• Intake and manage feature requests across range of business units for prioritization with marketing teams product backlog
• Work collaboratively from strategy through to execution of digital marketing product initiatives
• Implement effective methodologies for gathering internal and external insights and requirements
This full time position is based in our Toronto office with extensive travel to our office in India and reports to the Chief Technology Officer.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time